Solar Home Light
LED BASED SOLAR HOME LIGHTING SYSTEM
The LED Based Solar Home Lighting System is a portable lighting device suitable for indoor lighting. In consists of a lamp, battery, solar charge controller and electronics and a SPV module
LED Based Solar Home Lighting System is a device that operates using the light energy available from the sun to provide lighting during nighttime.
The LED Based Solar Home Lighting System can be used to have a sufficient home light in the rural areas where electricity is not available. It is powered through a Solar Photovoltaic Module (SPV). These modules are manufactured to comply with stringent quality standards and are capable of withstanding the toughest environment conditions over a long service life.
- Latest Technology
- Easy installation and maintenance
- Long life span
- Energy efficient
||White Nichia LEDs
||< 3 W
Depending on what the customer has ordered, ensure the following items have been delivered:
SPV Module :
Remove the Home Lighting Lamp from the carton. Read & retain installation & Maintenance Guide. Inspect for signs of any damages. If any damages are observed, notify the dealer name and return the unit to the factory immediately. If there are no obvious signs of damage, read safety instructions and proceed with installation.
- Read these instructions.
- Keep these instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Do not use this apparatus near water and avoid contact of home light with rain, snow, or liquids of any type.
- Clean only with dry cloth.
- Install in accordance with the instructions given below.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, stoves or other apparatus that produce heat.
- CAUTION: Use only maintenance free battery.
- Do not open home light yourself. Take it to an authorized service center, when service or repair is needed.
Dos and Don’ts
- Fix the SPV module to the mounting stand with inclination angle to the sunlight in a suitable location, which must be in contact with direct sunlight and away from trees and other types of shading.
- Route the cable properly from SPV module to the SCC and terminate the cable in proper direction at SPV connectors.
- Route the cable properly from lamp to the SCC and terminate the cable in proper direction at lamp connectors.
- Check the green LED should glow as and when the cable is inserted during daytime when sunlight is available.
- Initially the Home Light must be left to charged for 2 sunny days for best results.
- Now the System is ready for operation.
- To check the Lamp Operation, remove the SPV input and switch ON the Home Light. Observe the light output and restore the SPV input and Home Light switch.
|Keep the solar Panel clean from Dust and Bird droppings.
||Do not hammer while fixing the SPV Module connections.
|Keep the Lamp cover clean to get maximum light out put.
||Do not keep Lantern near flame and water.
|All connections should be firmly tightened at SPV module.
||Don’t connect in reverse polarities while replacing battery.
Clean the solar panel regularly with a damp towel to ensure optimal performance of the SPV Module. Don’t use any type of solvent for cleaning and be careful not to put too much pressure on the panel during the cleaning process. To extend the life of your Home Lighting System, it is recommended that solar panel is stored indoors during the winter months or any other extreme weather conditions.
1. Home Light not switching ON:
- Keep the SPV Module free of Dust and Bird dropping etc, by wiping it with clean damp/dry cloth.
- Keep the Lamp cover clean to get maximum light out put.
2. Battery not charging (Green LED not glowing):
- Check the fuse if it is not OK, replace it with 500 mA fuse, if fuse is OK, check the battery.
- Check Battery Low (Red LED) indication, if Red LED is ON, then Battery needs charging.
3. Battery discharging frequently:
- Check for loose contact in the SPV module to Lantern cable.
- Check the SPV Module output voltage. If it is not sufficient check any shadows / physical obstructions, which are blocking sunlight falling on the SPV Module. If still problem exists replace the SPV module.
Replace the battery as mentioned below:
When storing any solar product for an extended period of time, be sure to remove the batteries.
Storing any solar product without regular recharge or removal could cause permanent damage to the rechargeable batteries
- Disconnect the SPV Module.
- Open Lantern carefully by unscrewing three screws of the bottom of the lantern.
- Remove the battery clamp and disconnect the battery by removing lugs.
- Carefully remove the Battery from the Lantern.
- Place the new Battery in the Lantern, and observe the polarity while reconnecting the terminals. (Red for +VE and Black for –VE).
- If none of them works call nearest service center/factory.